Sunday, February 24, 2013

the new news

I'm horrible at updating this blog.  oh well.

I got a call from my doctor on this past Wednesday and they are moving my surgery up to this Wednesday!  Apparently that is when the neurosurgeon that my doctor wants to work with will be in.  It appears to always come down to the neurosurgeon.
On Friday I got my pre-op physical done.  They were expecting it to be a 2 hour appointment, but thank goodness it was more like 40 minutes.  The P.A. listened to my heart and lungs, took my vitals, and then explained my upcoming surgery a bit.  Apparently I'm perfectly healthy... minus the whole cancer bit.

Saturday I went in to get another MRI, they must have known how much I enjoyed my last one.  A technician put in my IV and then told me the MRI machine was still occupied by the previous patient, so to just sit tight.  She left the saline syringe attached to my IV.  So... I just hung out in the hallway and dressing room for 10-15 minutes with a syringe hanging off my arm.




















The MRI wasn't as bad as last time.  It's a good thing I'm getting used to these things if I have to get one every year for the remainder of my life.  The main difference between getting it done at UVRMC and at UofM is the decoration in the MRI room.  In Utah there was a picture of a beach scene to calm patients.  In Ann Arbor they have floral wall paper with a border of birds sitting on bird houses that closely resemble tomb stones.  Not the perfect design for a room where people are being tested for chronic diseases.

Tomorrow I am going to go over my MRI with Dr. Kang.  In the evening is my first day back at the DQ.  Then surgery on Wednesday.  There is a big snow storm that is going to hit here Tuesday night and my dad plows snow, so it is stressing him out a bit.  He may miss the surgery.  I'm okay with it because I'll be passed out for a couple of hours and won't even realize he's not sitting in the waiting room.  Hopefully he gets his work done before then!

I have plenty of Gossip Girl and The Bachelor to fill the rest of my time until the surgery.  And after as well.  Maybe I'll study for the GRE, we'll see what time allows.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for updating your status Kate!
    I hope it goes all well and im praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if your dad gets done early, he can come plow the snow down here, apparently the snow plowers here don't feel like doing it.

    Also, GO GO GADGET SYRINGE ARMS!

    ReplyDelete