Monday, March 11, 2013

3 hours later

Oh... do you feel like you are looking into the past?  Looking into an entrance way of a Victorian house from the 1800s?  Katie... how on earth did you find this picture clearly from the 1800s in such pristine condition?  I colored it.  Wow!  Can you believe that?  The Bachelor was 3 hours long tonight... and let's be honest, the show isn't that good.  I need to do something else while watching it.  I know I should stop watching this nonsense.... but Chris Harrison just keeps me hooked.

Today I had my follow up appointment at UofM.  Both Dr. Ward and Dr. Kang were there, and they are two of my favorite people, so I was really pleased to see them.  I have had a drain in my neck since my surgery that I have been hiding every time I am out in public.  Tucking away the tube and pinning it to my shirt and what not.  It's been a pain.  Not that I have been going out in public a lot.  Once to get about 8 inches of my hair chopped off... once to go to Church.  Regardless, no one wants to see a bag filled with my blood and fluids.  Not even me.  I'm lucky to have the mother I do who has been so willing to empty out my drain.  But today, finally, Dr. Kang took out my tube.  Now this thing has been in my skin for nearly two weeks so it was not wanting to come out.  I was sitting in the chair bent over, complementing Dr. Kang on his Nikes, when he yanked it out.  "Hey, Dr. Kang.  Are your shoes new?  They're really.. ahhhhhhhhhh."  Dang.  It hurt.  Then he had to take a giant syringe to another part of my back, which also was very unpleasant.  Dr. Ward said he made Dr. Kang, his fellow, do these less enjoyable things so I would still like him.  I continue to love Dr. Ward proving he took the right course.  But I can't hate Dr. Kang because he kept bribing me with candy while I was in the office.  Those Hasbro frog gummies.  Really yummy.  And persuasive of love.

So, not much will be happening between now and the 25th of this month when I will meet again with my radiation oncologist and we will start the plans for radiation.  They will make a mask/face cage thing that I will wear during my radiation sessions and we will just prepare everything else.  I don't exactly know what "everything else" entails, but I'm not too worried about it.  So until then I just need to heal.  Keep doing my neck exercises, going to physical therapy, I need to just get better.  I don't like sitting around, but it's hard for me to gauge what is too much.  I'm sure I'll find a good balance over the upcoming months....

So keep posted as to what is coming up.  Oh, and this is what I look like post haircut... Dr. Kang said it looks really good and I look like a "new woman".  Dr. Ward said, "Oh.. well that doesn't look bad." :)

1 comment:

  1. You're looking great, Katie! And for the record, you're sorely missed in our readings class.

    ReplyDelete