Saturday, March 23, 2013

a way to help...

This is a really hard blogpost to write.
It's hard to forgo my pride and address this.

Many want to know how to help me.  It's difficult because other than the couple weeks after my surgeries I haven't been ill.  I wish it were as easy as chicken noodle soup.

Having and beating cancer is really expensive.  I have started working at Dairy Queen again to fund as much as I can... but minimum wage doesn't get you too far.

So, my family is running a fundraiser for me.  My cousin owns an Outback Steakhouse and on June 21 we are doing a luncheon to raise money where all the proceeds will go towards my medical bills.  My cousin is taking a big hit here, but that doesn't matter to him.  The meal will be delicious and it will be so much fun to all be together and what not.  There will be items up for raffle and it will be a good reason to take a long lunch.  Just make sure to RSVP to my mom.  My aunt made a flyer with the details of the event and it is at the bottom of this post.

I also realize that many of the people that love me and want to help don't live in the area.  That's why this blog exists, right?  So, if you'd like to help, you're welcome to donate to help me pay for my medical bills.

You can send any donation to our home:
20125 Silver Spring Dr.
Northville, MI 48167

Or we set up a PayPal account.  If you set up a PayPal account you can click the 'Send Money' tab and enter in my email address, kharri12@yahoo.com .  It is probably easier and more secure.


Thank you all so much for your support and love.  Thank you for reading this and being a part of this odyssey. (I was going to write journey, but I didn't like it.  So I looked up synonyms and odyssey came up.  Kind of fitting, right?)  So come to the luncheon!  If you can't come and you'd still like to help then make a donation.  Thank you thank you.


Also, this is the note attached that my Aunt Kim wrote about the event:

Please come and join us to help celebrate that 'Katie is kicking cancer's keister'!
This very special woman has been a joy to so many of us and we need your help to lighten the financial burden that she has incurred since her fight against cancer.  Katie just had her second surgery and is doing very well.
As most of you know Katie is a student attending a college in Utah.  Funds are very limited.  We are fortunate enough to have Outback Steakhouse host a luncheon on Katie's behalf.  The donation price for a ticket is $20.00 to enjoy a great meal and support our beautiful girl, Katie.  There will be raffle gifts that have been generously donated to help generate more money for Katie.  100% of the proceeds will be donated to Katie.
The date for this event will be June 21, 2013 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
RSVP no later than 6/1/2013.  You must call Trish Harris at 248-347-1778 to reserve your seat (seating in the restaurant is limited).
We do realize that this is a work day for most of us but, lets all BLOW it OFF and do something wonderful for a very special person.
(Let's face it, we all take sick days for less of a reason!)
If you cannot attend the luncheon please consider a monetary donation to Katie.  Make checks payable to Katie Harris.

Outback Steakhouse
6203 Orchard Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322



1 comment: