Tuesday, March 19, 2013

it's getting better all the time

Nothing significant has happened recently... things are just getting better.

My aunt is in the hospital after getting surgery yesterday.  My dad and I went and visited her today.  It's nice not being the one in the hospital for once.  It was good to be the one sitting in the chair rather than laying in the bed.  It was good to finally be able to serve someone else by visiting them.

I've been frustrated lately trying to figure out how to get better.  Do I exercise?  Do I lay in bed or sit on the couch?  How tired is too tired for someone a couple weeks post surgery?  What kind of exercises can I possibly do with my neck and back so disheveled?  Today I couldn't take it any longer.  Mom and I went to the gym so I could walk.  I need exercise!  I need movement!  I walked on the treadmill for like 45 minutes watching Dr. Who on my phone.  I wasn't power walking or anything, but I wasn't sitting on the couch.  Little victory of the day.

I feel like I should end this post with something super inspirational.  Hm... Don't take life for granted!  Or more applicably... Don't take your sturdy neck and back and ability to move freely for granted!  Not so catchy though... Probably won't be seeing that saying on bumper stickers anytime soon.

Picture of the day:
Tori and I playing piano before church
P.S. Can you name the song the title of this post comes from?

1 comment: